MendoCoastCurrent, CAL FIRE, morning of June 30, 2008
Mendocino Lightning Complex Incident Information:
Last Updated: June 30, 2008, 7:30 am
Date/Time Started: June 20, 2008, 6:00 pm
Administrative Unit: CAL FIRE Mendocino Unit
County: Mendocino County
Location: Throughout Mendocino County
Acres Burned: 37,200
Containment: 38% contained
Structures Threatened: 900 residences, 1 commercial
Structures Destroyed: 2 residences
Evacuation Warnings are in place for 10 different communities around Mendocino County.
Evacuation “Warnings” have been issued in:
- Greenfield Subdivision: From Fred MacMurray Lane to Main Ranch Road. From Main Ranch Road to Orr Springs Road to the Singley Ranch (12000 Orr Springs Road) –Downgraded from “Order” at 12:00PM, June 28, 2008.
- Community of Rockport
- Montgomery Woods/ Orr Springs Road to Running Springs Road
- Mountain View/ Mile Post 8 Area
- Red Mountain Road – From the intersection of Red Mountain Road and Bell Springs Road to 13600 Red Mountain Road.
- Bell Springs Road – From Hwy 101 to the intersection of Red Mountain Road and Bell Springs Road.
- The Community of Cummings
- Town of Leggett
- De Haven Creek and Howard Creek drainage, North of Westport
- Chicken Ridge Webber Subdivision
- Navarro/ Flynn Creek
- Cherry Creek/ Intersection of Hwy 101 and Hwy 162